Our signature Austin sightseeing tour but with even better views! Discover where the locals eat, drink, and enjoy the true Austin scene. Learn about historic neighborhoods and marvel at the gorgeous views of the lake and Austin hills. Our custom glass top convertible Mercedes tour bus will keep you comfortable while our expert guides keep you entertained.
Offbeat and Hidden Austin Tour - 2.5 hours
- Best For: This 2.5-hour tour gives you the behind-the-scenes stories on the heart and soul of Austin’s music scene; the local heroes like Janis Joplin and Matthew McConaughey; and a few of the ghosts who still roam our buildings and streets. Our 14 seater Mercedes Sprinter tour bus will keep you comfortable while our expert guides keep you entertained.
- Stops: Driskill Hotel, Barton Springs, Texas State Cemetery
- Tour departure point: Austin Visitor Center
- Tour Numbers: 14 max
- Special requirements or restriction`s: There are none. You’ll be comfortable in our luxury, Mercedes Sprinter tour bus.
- Tour Days: Wednesday and Friday
- Times: 10.15 am
- From :
- $ 65.94 $ 48.40
Offbeat Austin Tour: A Unique Experience for Austin Visitors
Austin, Texas is a vibrant city with a rich culture and history. But there’s more to Austin than just its music scene and barbecue. If you’re looking for a unique and offbeat experience, the Offbeat Austin Tour is the perfect choice for you.
This 2.5-hour tour takes you to some of Austin’s most unusual and intriguing places, including the Bat Bridge, South Congress (SoCo), Pemberton Castle, Austin State Hospital, and the Governor’s Mansion & Capitol. Along the way, you’ll learn about Austin’s eccentric history and meet some of the local heroes who have made Austin such a special place.
Why You Should Book the Offbeat Austin Tour
There are many reasons why Austin visitors should book the Offbeat Austin Tour. Here are just a few:
- It’s a unique and unforgettable experience. This tour takes you to places that you wouldn’t find on your own, as you learn about Austin’s history and culture from a local guide.
- It’s informative and entertaining. Your knowledgeable guide will share interesting stories and facts about Austin’s past and present.
- It’s comfortable and convenient. You’ll ride in a comfortable air-conditioned bus, so you can relax and enjoy the ride.
- It’s affordable. The tour is very reasonably priced, especially considering the amount of information and entertainment you get.
What You’ll See on the Tour
During the Offbeat Austin Tour, you’ll see some of the city’s most unusual and intriguing places, including:
- Bat Bridge: The Bat Bridge is home to the largest urban bat colony in North America. Every night at sunset, millions of bats emerge from the bridge to hunt for food. It’s an amazing sight to see.
- South Congress (SoCo): SoCo is a vibrant and eclectic neighborhood with unique shops, restaurants, and bars. It’s a great place to people-watch and soak up Austin’s unique atmosphere.
- Pemberton Castle: Pemberton Castle is a mysterious and unfinished castle that was built in the late 19th century. It’s said to be haunted by the ghost of its original owner, Eugene Alexander Pemberton.
- Austin State Hospital: Austin State Hospital is a former psychiatric hospital that has been converted into a museum. It’s a fascinating place to learn about the history of mental health care in Texas.
- Governor’s Mansion & Capitol: The Governor’s Mansion is the official residence of the Governor of Texas. The Capitol is the seat of the Texas government. Both buildings are beautiful, historic, and worth a visit.
In addition to these landmarks, you’ll also see other interesting places around Austin, such as:
- Barton Springs Pool: Barton Springs Pool is a natural spring-fed pool that is popular for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- Pease District Park and Pease Mansion: Pease District Park is a beautiful park with a pond, walking trails, and a playground. The Pease Mansion is a historic mansion that is now a museum.
- Local favorites: The tour also includes stops at some of Austin’s most popular local businesses, such as the Greetings from Austin mural, Quack’s Bakery, the Driskill, and the Texas State Cemetery.
About the Guides
The Offbeat Austin Tour is conducted by experienced and knowledgeable guides. Your guide will be able to answer all of your questions about Austin and its history. They will also share interesting stories and facts with you throughout the tour.
About the Vehicle
The Offbeat Austin Tour is conducted in a comfortable air-conditioned bus. This means that you can relax and enjoy the ride, no matter the weather.
The Offbeat Austin Tour is the perfect way to experience Austin’s unique and quirky side. It’s an informative, entertaining, and affordable tour that is perfect for tourists of all ages.
You can book your tour online or by calling us at (512) 659-9478.
Tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
We hope to see you on our tour!